|10 TOP reasons to visit Buenos Aires with Defrantur
- Its people, nice, friendly and kind.
- The Obelisk, in the widest Avenue, 9th of July and Corrientes Av.
- May Square, with the history of the city, the Cathedral, Pink House, the Cabildo and pigeons.
- The Tango, song and dance are the soul of the city, that can be enjoyed in the most famous shows (Carlos Gardel, Sr. Tango, Viejo Almacen, La Ventana) and even was played at Opera’s House Colón Theatre (with Astor Piazzola, Troilo, Pugliese).
- Walk the neighbourhoods, San Telmo, Recoleta , La Boca with Caminito Street, Palermo Parks, Zoo, Rose Garden, Hippódrome, Serrano Square, Puerto Madero.
- Restaurants & Bars one of the best experiences for the tourist is the good tasty food. To enjoy the tender corn beef, barbacue, steak, with salad or french fries. Pizza, Pasta, Icecream There are several options for vegetarians.
- Drink Argentine Wines, tasting Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon, from wineyards in Mendoza and white wines Torrontes from Salta.
- Football, to visit the famous stadiums from Boca Jr., River Plate , Velez.
- Shopping, leather clothes tailor made, sweathers, shoes, bookshops, with personal shopper; outlets and Shoppings malls; Galerias Pacifico, Patio Bullrich, Abasto.
- City to connect travelers to: Patagonia, El Calafate Perito Moreno Glaciers, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego; Bariloche. Andean Lakes crossing, National Park Iguazu Fallas,. All the Northwest, Salta, Jujuy. Also Mendoza, the Wines routes.
|Before visiting Buenos Aires It´s important to know...
Want some helpful reminders, comprehensive and fast to see? Here you will find useful information to know about your trip to Argentina, divided by topic that you can save and print.
- a)To travel happy and in peace, it’s important having time to organize the follow list: all the trip documents in order and updated (Passport). Verify if the citizens of your country need a visa.
Authorizations for minors if they are traveling with just one parent.
The chargers for your electronics equipments. Rooming international on your cell phones.
It’s allowed to enter or leave the country with money in cash only till u$d 10.000.- per person.
Your credit cards must be enabled with your PIN to operate abroad. And don’t forget your favorite book!
- b)Language: the oficial language in Argentina is Spanish , many people understand english Italian and portugués in airports, hotels and Tours.
- c)Currency, The oficial currency in Argentina is the peso. There are banknotes of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 y 1000 pesos, and coins of 1 and 2 pesos and of 1, 5, 10, 25 y 50 cents. The Peso is represented with the symbol $. Take care not to confuse with the American Dolar symbol (U$D).
- d)Credit Cards: Members of American Express, Visa, Dinners, Master Card and main credit cards are available. However, with cash payment you will get a better price several times.
- e)Tours: Programm with time your tours and activities with Defrantur, to enjoy without stress and not to loose the most expensive thing of your trip: Time. There are incredible options for all kind of guests. Our team will orientate you about all the possibilities.
- f)Domestic flights in Argentina to travel in Argentina, book direct with the airline companies, (AR www.aerolineas.com or LAN www.lan.com) so you can choose and pay easily and better. Then you send us the information of your flight and timeschedule to book hotel, transfers and tours.
- g)Water: It is completely safe to drink from houses, Hotels and restaurants. It is easy to buy mineral wáter with or without gas.
- h)Electricity: 220 volts, 50 cycles. It’s good to bring adapter.
- i)Cell Movile Phone: Consult your local company to ensure that your line will work here, with our 3-band system. We can also rent cell phones per day or per week.
- j)Wi-Fi internet connections This service is available usually in airports, bars and hotels in Buenos Aires (sometimes it’s included, sometimes it is extra to be paid).
- k)Restaurants tipical argentinean food, buffet, self service, vegetarian, pasta, asiatic food from China, India and Taiwan. You can choose between a famous restaurant runned by a very renowned Chef till a small nice place to taste simple food. Beautiful coffe-shops and bars with tables on the sidewalk.
- l)Clothing: Bring comfortable clothes and shoes to walk during the day . In the evening, argentinean people are used to dress up for tango shows or night tours. Buenos Aires is a big, cosmopolitan city, where fashion is very important . People are always update according to the latest world tendencies. Depending on the occasion and season, you should use informal or formal clothes. Wear clothes according to the period of the year :usually OCT to MAR days are warm and from APR to SEP bland to cold.
- m)Opening hours: Banks and Exchange Bureaus: Mondays to Fridays from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Business Offices: generally from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. and from 2.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Stores: in the big cities from 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m., although in the outskirts and the provinces they generally close at midday. Saturdays, from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Restaurants: lunch is served as from 12.30 p.m. and dinner as from 8.30 hours.
Fast-food menus are served in many restaurants at all times.
Argentina does not adopt daylight savings between mid-October and March.
- n)Tips., 10% of the amount of the bill is usually left in coffe houses and restaurants and to tip waiters porters, tour guides and drivers it’s expected. Tips are not included in bills, it’s not an obligation .It is considereted part of the tourism income.
- o)United States Embasy in Buenos Aires 4300 Colombia st. Tel: 5777-4533
from Mon to Fri 08:30 am to 05:00 pm
Canada Embasy, 2828 Tagle st. Tel: 4808-1000
United Kindom Embasy, 2412 Luis Agote st. Tel 4808-2200
China Embasy, Crisologo Larralde 5349 Tel: 5349-4547
Consult us for others countries Embasy, please email@example.com
12 FAMOUS PERSONALITIES OF ARGENTINA
- PAPA FRANCISCO - Since March 19th 2013
- LIONEL MESSI - Soccer player since 2009
- MÁXIMA ZORREGUIETA – Queen of Holland since april 30th 2013
- DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA - Soccer player since 1979
- EVITA PERON - Society (1919- 1952))
- DR. RENÉ FAVALORO – Creator of the coronary By Pass in 1967
- JUAN MANUEL FANGIO – Formula 1 driver (1911-1995)
- ASTOR PIAZZOLA - Tango Musician (1921-1992)
- JORGE LUIS BORGES - Writer (1899 - 1986)
- DR. LUIS FRANCISCO LELOIR – Nobel Price in Chemestry (1970 )
- CHE GUEVARA - Policy (1928-1967)
- CARLOS GARDEL – Tango Singer (1890-1935)
|Costumized Services with Defrantur, Why?
It would be convenient to have an Tour Operator that joins all your needs and more ...? Welcome to Defrantur.com
- Experience; There really is no substitute for it. Our experience spans the past 35 years with Receptive Tourism in Argentina, and we are ready to apply that experience to your trip!
- Certified ISO Quality Standards, IRAM SECTUR No 42910.
- Hotels Booking, , with better price even then booking directly with the hotels.
- Private Tours and Regular SIB Tours, clasics and according to the preferences of the client.
- We talk and speak in English. Spanish, Portuguese, & Italian. We offered quick ansewrs and solutions to travel agents and its clients.
- Services for groups incentive, families, thematic tours, schools trips, congregations, choirs, pilgrims .M I C E .
- Tango show with dinner, drinks and transfers, save money book with Defrantur.!!
- Private Transfers; Ezeiza – Domestic Airport – Cruises Harbour – Ranches.
- Profesional Tour Guides
(Spanish – English – Portuguese – Italian – German – Russian – Chinese – Taiwanese)
- Registration Scheme in MINTUR Ministry of Tourism as Receptive Operator, Service Provider of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina Member of Chamber of Tourism.
- Terms and Conditions
- Pioneers in the web since 1997, time passes and we continue to improve and update.
We make happy those who choose us to enjoy the visit to Argentina.
For your next trip to Argentina You can rely on Defrantur.com today AND tomorow.
- Mission: is "Making Custom Tours Unforgettable" by applying a continuous improvement process
- View, To be a Company of Tourism Boutique receptive, responsive and efficient.
We intend with our work an spirit of service and act as ambassadors of Argentina to our guests.
|ARGENTINA, Buenos Aires HOW TO GET
All international airlines flying to Argentina arrive mainly at::
EZE Ezeiza “Ministro Pistarini” International Airport, which is 37 Km away from the City of Buenos Aires. You can reach the city by Teniente General Ricchieri freeway , and takes .1hours ca to downtown.
AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS AR- QATAR QR- TURKISH TK- EMIRATES EK- BRITISH BA- LUFTHANSA LH-
AIR FRANCE AF- KLM KL- SWISS LX- ALITALIA AZ- IBERIA IB- LAN LA- SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS SA-
COPA CM- AVIANCA AV- AEROMEXICO AM- TAME EQ- DELTA DL- AMERICAN AA- UNITED UA- AIR CANADA AC- TAM JJ PZ- GOL G3
AEP Aeroparque Jorge Newbery at 20 minutes from downtown. With regional flights from neighboring Countries: RIO – SAO – BHA – POA- MVD- SGO- ASU.
Cruises Port, get the Cruise Companies from October to April, at 20 minutes from downtown.
Crystal, Princess, Royal Caribean, MSC, Celebrity, Holland American, Silver Sea, Costa, Pullmantur, Club Med, Aida Cara, Ibero, Delphin Cruise, Ocean Dream, Cunard.
Darsena Norte Port, Where works Buquebus, that cross the La Plata River to Uruguay.(Colonia 1hour, Montevideo 2.30hours).
Bus Station, arrival and departure to bordering countries (Uruguay, Brasil, Chile, Paraguay) and all Argentine cities.
In Buenos Aires; we find the Subway- Metro. It’s a very good option to travel and avoid the traffic in downtown.
The Metrobus is another good choice in avenues, only with coins. There are local buses called “colectivos” and they reach the whole city.
Train system are not developed in the country, they are not recommended. They work with delays, in a very irregular way. There are no high-speed trains.
The name Argentina: It comes from the Latin term “argentum”, which means silver. The origin of this name goes back to the first voyages made by the Spanish conquerors to the Río de la Plata. The survivors of the shipwrecked expedition mounted by Juan Díaz de Solís found indigenous people in the region who gave them silver objects as presents. The news about the legendary Sierra del Plata - a mountain rich in silver - reached Spain around 1524. As from this date, the Portuguese named the river of Solís, Río de la Plata (River of Silver). Two years later the Spanish used the same name. The National Constitution adopted in 1853 included the name “República Argentina” (Argentine Republic) among the official names to designate the government and the country’s territory.
Location, area and frontiers: Located in South America, and thus, in the southern hemisphere, Argentina has an area of almost 3.8 million square kilometers, 2.8 on the continent – approximately 54% are plains (grasslands and savannahs), 23%, plateaus, and the other 23%, mountains - and the remainder in the Antarctic. It is 3,800 Km. long and is located between latitude 22º and 55º. Its border with Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia and Chile has a perimeter of 9,376 Km, while the territory bordered by the Atlantic Ocean is 4,725 Km long.
Climate: The country’s territory offers a wide variety of climates: subtropical in the North, sub-Antarctic in the southern Patagonia, and mild and humid in the Pampas plains. Media temperature from November to March is 23° C, and 12° C from June to September.
Population: Argentina's current population is more than 40 million inhabitants, almost half of which live in the city and the province of Buenos Aires. Population density calculated on a national basis is 14 inhabitants per square kilometer.
Language: Spanish is the official language of the Argentine Republic. In Buenos Aires, some “lunfardo expressions -city slang - are used.
Religion There is complete religious freedom in Argentina, although Roman Catholicism prevails. Other religions practiced in the country are Protestant, Jewish, Moslem, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and others. With the election of the Argentine Pope of the end of the world, we create the PapaTour.